Although St. Aidan’s is a suburban parish, God has blessed us with a beautiful 18-acre campus. Our main buildings include the Sanctuary, the Parish Center with Burtenshaw Hall and the Preschool, and the cottage. Spread throughout our campus and open to the community are more beautiful features like a Memorial Garden, a wooded meditation trail, a labyrinth, an outdoor chapel constructed by the Boy Scouts, and scout buildings. Each week we host various groups and events including Bible study groups in Burtenshaw Hall, Boy Scouts in the scout Buildings and Burtenshaw Hall, the Rotary in Burtenshaw Hall, and the Retired Mens Group, EYC and Youth Sunday School in the Cottage.
In 1840, during a visit to England, the great American landscape painter Asher Durand spoke of his decision not to enter the ministry, “the better to indulge reflection unrestrained under the high canopy of heaven.” American Christianity tends to seek spirituality in the splendor of natural beauty and we hope to identify a rector similarly inspired by the possibilities our campus offers to strengthen our existing ministries and forge new ones.