St. Aidan’s is located in Milton, Georgia, a newly formed city in North Fulton County located 30 miles north of Atlanta. Though a new city, Milton has a rich history. It is named for Revolutionary War hero John Milton, whose family were among the early settlers of the area. In 2011, the Atlanta Business Chronicle recognized the City of Milton as having the highest quality of life in the state of Georgia and the ninth-highest quality of life in the southern United States. Over forty percent of the congregation lives outside Milton, across a larger, diverse region shown in the map below.
The region is a socially and economically diverse region. In 2013, the city of Alpharetta was recognized as the sixth-fastest growing city in the nation, according to the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Census Bureau, growing at an rate of 4.5% per year. Alpharetta is referred to as the Technology Capital of the South, as many technology companies have located their headquarters here.
St. Aidan’s members also reside in Cherokee County, home to the cities of Woodstock and Canton, and in Forsyth County, which houses the city of Cumming. The population totals for those cities combined are approximately 60,000, with the household median income at $50,000 and a median age of 36 years.
Schools within North Fulton County, specifically Milton and Alpharetta, rank among the state’s highest. Some of St. Aidan’s youth attend the following local high schools.
- Alpharetta High School—The top ranked area school (#6 in the state), Alpharetta High has a college readiness score of 66.7 and an AP passed rate of 90%;
- Milton High School – Ranked #7 in the state, Milton has a college readiness score of 66.3 and an AP passed rate of 76%;
- Chattahoochee High School – Chattahoochee is ranked # 9 in state with a college readiness score of 64.1 and an AP passed rate of 87%;
- South Forsyth High School – With a readiness score of 55.2 and an AP passed rate of 80%, South is ranked #16 in the state.
- West Forsyth High School is ranked #24 in the state with a college readiness of 49.7 and an AP passed rate of 78%.
- The new Cambridge High School—Located half a mile from the church, Cambridge is the first high school in the United States to feature a veterinary science building.
Among the private schools nearby are King’s Ridge Christian School and St. Francis High School.